grokking the FF

Jack Aboutboul jaboutboul at speakeasy.net
Tue Jun 7 23:45:29 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 14:52 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> That's Fedora Foundation, not the Fantastic Four(TM).
>
> I think a great first formal mission for this group is to understand (to
> grok) the FF and explain to everyone what it is about.
>
> The FF is not yet understood by these groups:
>
> * Developers inside and outside of Red Hat
> * The community at large
> * "Just" end-users

Nothing is understood because there is no information yet.  Personally,
I think the announcement was made prematurely.  Then again, I really
have no idea if it was, since we don't know how much has or has not been
done or decided.

> I'd like to suggest that the legal people working on the FF creation use
> the Fedora Marketing Project as a mouthpiece.

Although I don't think we will be operating under the auspices of Fedora
Marketing Project.  It will more likely be the marketing division of the
Foundation.

> Do the work here first to
> help people understand, and let us help distribute the understanding.

Nod. Multiple times over.

Jack