Wow. Welcome back for me. :)

Mike MacCana mikem at cyber.com.au
Thu Jun 30 02:57:12 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 22:18 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 11:56 +1000, Mike MacCana wrote:
> >
> > The current 'rpm for queries and local/remote installs, yum for local
> > and remote installs with dependencies' situation is, from a user POV,
> > weird.
>
> yum can do local lists and local installs.

Yes, as I said above, yum can do local installs. And I'm aware of the
local listing capability.

> quite frankly for 80% of the user case - if they're using the command
> line - they can just use yum.

True. But for those of us who aren't beginners, but who appreciate
simplity and elegance, it's be lovely to ask what package installed a
file with yum or pup. Perhaps yum or pup could also have an option to
restore that file to it's factory defaults (original contents), or other
useful things for us admin folks.

Mike