Logos: everybody wants one but nobody seems to have any constructive comments. (was Re: Cool Fedora schwag idea)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 19:15:43 UTC 2005

On 6/30/05, Jeremy Hogan <jeremy.hogan at gmail.com> wrote:
> We should outline the rules as you say, and then have an open contest.
> Maybe even a $$ prize. Conversely, Greg could work with RH's stellar
> design team to deliver something within whatever guidelines we agree
> on. The Shadowman cost what, $500?

Personally... i'd rather see.. "community".. make a stab at roughing
out a design concept
before handing it off to paid professionals to polish up. I definitely
don't want to see something magically appear completely formed as a
paid work.  I'd much rather see this "community" come to an agreement
first on a crappy unprofessional draft of a concept and then let the
professionals clean it up with artistic skill.

So everyone break out the napkins and the crayons. Draw some crap,
scan it into a scanner and post the results with an explanation as to
what themes you are trying to touch on with the design.

-jef