Fedora Logo: Modifications and a new one

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 01:16:24 UTC 2005

On 11/8/05, Joshua Wulf <jwulf at redhat.com> wrote:
> Not everyone is happy with the logo as it stands now (wait....)

I dare say an equal or fewer number of serious people would be happy
with any of the community supplied drafts that came before as part of
the list discussion. Nicu is a pretty good artist, and did a
reasonable job turning presented ideas into drafts.. but nothing fit
any better than the 'official' draft did.  This discussion can not
linger for a year while we nitpick a visual design.

> As you are well aware, 100% consensus is a pipe dream, and there are
> always going to be people who don't like it. At the same time, some
> people are at ill at ease with the logo, but aren't able to put it
> clearly into words.

Words words words... a picture is worth a thousand of them.  If you
want to discuss modifications to the draft logo we have now.. break
out gimp or inkscape and draw the mock up which fixes the problem.
What dfong presented as modifications is exactly where discussion
needs to go at this late date.   And let me remind you again that the
draft we have in hand now was communicated on sept 16th, nearly 2
months ago... 2 months...2.

As reference  the thread from Sept 16th, "Meeting minutes - 16/09/2005"
Several people spent time giving feedback in that thread.. most of
those people have been involved in the discussion in july and august.
Several people produced mocked up examples modifications to tweak the
design in that thread. I belive both Toshio and Tejas mocked up
modifications to address the concern you raise with regard to the f
not being distinquishable nearly 2 months ago... 2 months...2.  Though
they were able to do it without using the word "prevaricate" so i
guess you get sole credit for increasing the unique word count for the
list.

> I'm right behind you, with the rest of the stragglers. Please be patient
> with me.

I refuse to be patient.. especially when I'm suffering from low blood
sugar right before dinner.

-jef"i need a cookie"spaleta