Fedora Logo: Modifications to the "f" and color

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Wed Nov 9 17:08:10 UTC 2005

Thanks, Matt.

These modifications are what we're going with.  We're in a position now
where it's time to get on with things.  We'll be seeing new logos on
fedora.redhat.com and fedoraproject.org as soon as is practicable --
hopefully within the week.

Some people will love this logo, and some people will hate this logo.
That's simply the way things work.  I certainly hope that more people love
it than hate it, but really, it's just a symbol.  What matters is how
people will feel when they see that symbol.  While the right image can
help set the tone, that feeling has *much* more to do with how we serve
the people who use Fedora, and contribute to Fedora.

I'd like to say that we did this "the right way."  I think we did, but
where there are so many opinions, one never has the luxury of being
completely sure.  So I'd like to ask some questions of you all, now that
we're basically at the end of this particular project:

* Should we have gone through more iterations, or would more iterations
have dragged things out even longer?

* Should we have exposed the logo to more people for comment, or should we
have restricted comment to this list -- which is composed of people who
clearly take a more active interest in the well-being of Fedora?

--g

                     ] [ dumb.  --mcluhan