Guerilla Marketing

Joshua Wulf jwulf at redhat.com
Tue Oct 25 13:51:02 UTC 2005

Hot on the heels of the "Community Building not Marketing" post.... a
guerilla marketing idea. Colin and I were brainstorming the other day
about things you can do when you have no money and no official support
(LCA2006 here we come), and we came up with "M*A*S*H Bug Triage".

You get a wireless router, an extension cord, a set of army surplus
fatigues, a stethoscope and a surgical mask, then you set up wherever
you can - a room, an open space, whatever, and people can come along and
bring their laptops to do bug triaging.

The lack of facilities is all part of the ambience - I mean, "C'mon,
this is M*A*S*H Bug Triage! Where's the room??? Where's your camo?"

--josh (i hope it doesn't come to that, but we're ready for it)