For this weeks meeting agenda...

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon Sep 12 03:15:58 UTC 2005

> Your personal choices are not a list concern

That's fine.  Of course, what you call my "personal choices" is just one
of the _many_ voices.  If Fedora and Red Hat want to ignore these
voices, then they make their own issues.

Again, I'm not some garden variety punk who thinks Fedora should have
this, Fedora should have that.  I'm telling you not only what people who
believe in Fedora Core, like Red Hat Linux before it, are feeling, but
what others are picking up on.

> We are not talking about RHEL marketing here

It's all the same.  What doesn't go into Fedora Core rarely makes it
into Red Hat Enterprise Linux.  Frankly, the tunnel vision I see
regularly is what bothers me most.

But the thing I always remember, which is the reason I love Red Hat, is
the developers.  Red Hat is a GPL company first and foremost, and until
that changes, tunnel vision -- let alone the larger issue of marketing
-- really doesn't matter to me.

But I'm still forced to deploy Sun when I'd rather deploy Fedora/Red
Hat.

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com