Why Linux needs a mentor program

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Sat Sep 17 06:56:26 UTC 2005

Hi

It was interesting to read your article on
http://business.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/09/13/1816200&tid=35. It
was particularly relevant to me since Fedora very recently started a
mentoring program[1] to get users and developers to participate and get
involved in Fedora is a better way. While its not a entirely new idea or
effort its good to see we set ourselves in the right direction. The
amount of involvement required to take it to Linux on the whole is
enormous.  I believe we already do that in a modular fashion in the form
of various help sites like http://linuxquestions.org for users or
http://kernelnewbies.org for developers. A central place to list and
combine all these efforts might work better rather doing it from scratch

regards
Rahul

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mentors