Meeting minutes - 16/09/2005

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Sat Sep 17 11:47:22 UTC 2005

Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 17:03 -0300, Steven Garrity wrote:
>
>>Jesse Keating wrote:
>>
>>>Yeah, using a non-free font seems like a no-go for me.
>>
>>While a free font would obviously be ideal, there just aren't many good
>>ones (yet?).
>

> Right, and there won't be unless people make them.  Seems like Fedora
> Font Project might be a good idea. :)  I'm sure there are good font
> designers interested in freeing some fonts.

Following the success of the Open Clip Art Library
(http://openclipart.org), we planned to create a similar project for
fonts, but this is still in incubation stage, with only a placeholder
wiki so far (http://www.openfontlibrary.org), but definitely the
intention is to push it in the future (we have to sort out first some
internals of OCAL)

--
nicu
my hats collection: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/hats