Meeting minutes - 16/09/2005

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 22:00:47 UTC 2005

On 9/20/05, Luya Tshimbalanga <luya at jpopmail.com> wrote:
> Here is a variation of the initial first logo draft
> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showpost.php?p=369984&postcount=36

Pro: I like the secondary color being used as a shadow image of the
"speech balloon"
There might be something to consider.. bringing the secondard color
out of the "infinity" symbol. Instead of being very careful about
picking secondary colors in the infinity symbol that provide a good
contrast.. doing it this way we can pick one single color for the
turns in infinity symbol that constrasts well with the "f" and avoid
the issues about poor constrasting inside the symbol.

Con: I don't think the fading of the blue as done here on the "f" into
the white "infinity" helps with contrast. I think its even harder to
see the "f" than with the original draft.  I would imagine that a grey
scale version of that logo would suffer even more from contrast
issues.

Indifferent: I'm not sure what the overall fade to white on the right
handside of the overall image is adding. Is it meant to give the
speech balloon spherical "depth"? If thats the idea, there is room for
improvement to keep a better defined edge while providing the 3-d
shading. I have no feeling as to flat 2-d versus simulating 3-d
shading. As long as there is a version that looks good in black and
white. I guess if the logo is going to end up being an svg image, one
could delibrate design a shading layer so the same svg could generate
both flat and shaded versions of the logo.  There will be situations
where a flat 2 or 3 color image are prefered over high gloss.

-jef"I'm a fedora user, where's my f.u. t-shirt?"spaleta