Active Vs Passive was..Why getting Shared Media rolling is important

Karlie Robinson karlie_robinson at webpath.net
Fri Apr 14 17:26:21 UTC 2006

The information I read on the Edu page talks about vocational training
for students.

What I'm talking about is a no-holds-bared *marketing* assault on the
installed computer base in schools.

I'm not talking about teaching a few-thousand like-minded students how
to run Fedora so they can land a job as an Enterprise Admin.

I'm talking about convincing Schools to spend their Computer/Technology
budget rolling out Linux, so a few Million kids can enjoy the freedom
OSS brings.

By actively searching out people who have the authority (common term
"decision maker") to say to their board... "By going Linux, we will save
thousands of dollars on software.  That money can then be used for [fill
in the blank]."

When it comes down to it, it's not about jobs operating Red Hat.  My
idea was about getting Fedora on Millions of class room PC's.

Think beyond enterprise servers for a moment and see what millions of
little kids using Fedora/Linux means to the big picture and to the RH
bottom line in years to come.

If my marketing ideas aren't helpful to you here, I won't waste any more
of your time.

~Karlie