Users at LinuxWorld talk up security

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Mon Apr 17 21:06:51 UTC 2006

> On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 02:19 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Swanson uses the open source Mondo Archive tool
>
> Interesting.  I used to be the packager for Mondo, but then it crumbled
> as the lead developer moved on in his life.  Odd that people are still
> using it.  Especially because I don't recall it using tools that support
> backing up SELinux attributes.

Looks like a new developer has picked it up and its seeing active
maintenance again.  SELinux support via star is listed under the 2.00
release in June 2004.  2.02 says it added ACLs and xattr support to
afio.  All in all, it seems to have become more useful on Fedora now.

http://www.mondorescue.org/

-Toshio