[Fedora-marketing-list] Fedora usability : a new project?

Steven James Drinnan steven at easytec.com.hk
Mon Aug 7 00:53:48 UTC 2006

Good on you Damien. I am all for a project that can give users a method
of suggesting improvements that can be filtered and then sent on to he
necessary teams for implementation. The development teams should not be
hassled by a lot request changes. In saying this if there is already a
method that I am not aware of then the existing process should be used
or if necessary modified so that good customer feed back is achieved.

My experience with linux is limited but I do know the importance of good
usability of a computer program - if people can not intuitively figure
out how do something then that is a problem - 1 area is networking
-though a  lot of improvements have been made there is still a lot of
bugs - (eg on my laptop sometimes the eth0 and eth1 (wired and wirless)
get transposed or network manager decides to create a new ethernet
device- there are a few other issues but not the time here.

We are humans after all not dolphins. We all think in a particular way.
And need to make operations more smother. One good example is Add remove
programs and Software Updater

We have a great product. That needs promoting and user feed back.

There are few ideas i have but i would like to stress, lets not reinvent
the wheel, if there is a system in place lets use it to its full
potential.

Anyway just my 2 cents worth