[Fedora-marketing-list] Interesting Article

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Aug 21 06:22:42 UTC 2006

Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2006/06/ubuntu_linux_a_threat_to_mac_o.html
>
> Are we missing something? or how should I put am I missing something?
> Is ubuntu that much better than fedora?  If it is why is it?  I know its
> a personal opinion but what specifically about it?
>
> Anyways would love others points of view.

 From what I see, the most impressive feature in Ubuntu seems to be its
hype making machine. Or should I say the fanboy recruiting machine?
This is a department where historically Fedora and Red Hat does not
shine (even Novell is louder here). I do not know to what
degree this is intentional (maybe the desire to not create unfounded
expectations), but it certainly fired back in the early days of Fedora.
It seems to improve, but very slowly.

--
nicu