[Fedora-marketing-list] RH making fun of us ?

Stephen Krenzel sgk284 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 22:21:08 UTC 2006

Red Hat, on more than one occasion, has made the task of building Fedora's
credibility a huge challenge with their public statements. Max did a great
thing with slashdot, and that greatly helped the situation, but more is
needed. Red Hat needs the support of the community, and they get that
through Fedora. If any of you are fortunate enough to have a role or
influence in Red Hat's official stance on such issues, I feel it is best
that Red Hat starts presenting Fedora as more of a RHEL without support and
more cutting edge software, rather than as RHEL's demented step-brother.
This is of course all just my opinion, but this is what Red Hat's stance
often appears like to me as an outside observer. If you know me, you know
that I'm an avid promoter of Fedora, but having Red Hat publically back such
statements would make life easier for everyone. Please note, that the intent
of this message is in no way to discredit Red Hat, nor do I wish to appear
thankless for all that Red Hat has done, I'm just trying to make the
situation better.