Wiki Licensing

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Wed Feb 15 02:52:17 UTC 2006

The Fedora Documentation Project has agreed to the OPL[1] for all formal
documentation.  We now wish to apply this same license to the
fedoraproject.org wiki.  This will require some dramatic actions and changes,
and will have a huge impact on contributions to the wiki.  The single biggest
change would be the requirement of the CLA for EditGroup privileges.  Rather
than make a closed and unilateral decision, this is now briefly open for
discussion.  The currently-proposed plan is now on the wiki[2], and this wiki
page is the place to add your comments.  You may subscribe to the page if you
wish to keep track of things.

If the decision is made to go through with this plan (and, no, it isn't a
vote), changes would happen quickly.  The decision is ultimately up to the
Fedora Foundation board and a few key personnel.  The idea already has the
backing of the Fedora Documentation Project, myself, and our top wiki
editors.

[1]
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/Licenses/OPL
[2]