[Fedora-ambassadors-list] One Laptop per Child (OLPC) initiative

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 16 19:49:43 UTC 2006

On 2/16/06, Hornain Frederic <Frederic.Hornain at gb.be> wrote:
> Chitlesh,
>
> I would like it but are you sure of that ?
>
> BR
> Fred

dated 02/02/2006
http://insight.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,39020463,39250162,00.htm

QUOTING:
Red Hat is now working to develop an OS — probably a version of Fedora
— to work with the stripped-down laptop that is charged up by way of a
wind-up handle.

Could you tell us more about the operating system you are developing
for this project?
Our software team is driving the operating system efforts but other
open source educational applications are also being developed to ship
with the laptop. We are still determining what systems to use, but the
Fedora technologies will play a big part of it.

So it will be a scaled down version of Fedora or something akin to that?
Possibly. We are still working that out.

--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com