Idea: Fedora in Library

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 20 19:27:31 UTC 2006

Ok, here I am again with FedoraLibraries
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/FedoraLibraries I have updated
it some days ago.

Following a discussion on #fedora-mktg, mether, cds, puneet_batura and
I, Im starting the discussion again.

Product: Fedora Core 5
Target: Libraires

My wish, for the moment, is that we need to establish a procedure to
state what needs to be done by any ambassador to be able to launch
this project in his/her local librairies.

Ex:
contact the director of the library
schedule a meeting
give the ambassador appropriate tools for the meeting (what to say)
Get an ISSN number.
have a generic DVD case template
build/apprend a wiki page to list the name of the libraries which
supporting our project
etc.
do add more

If we have this done, any ambassador or newcomer will have this
material at his disposal for marketing.

FedoraLibrairies is also another way to support Thomas Chung's project
"Free Media" since anyone will have the ability to copy the dvd.

At my university, I myself am providing LiveCD for my mates. I just
started a wikipage about his in French to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ChitleshGoorah/FedoraLiveCDs.  (Most of
the French dont like to read any article if its not in French)
ThomasCarnnot, you are welcome to improve it :)

If we got enought material, Ill write something in FedoraNews (which
Im saying to ThomasChung since 2 weeks) to get it more support, even
from Fedora Users.

pop your suggestions :)

Chitlesh GOORAH

--