fedoraproject.org membership.

Kevin Verma kevinverma at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 03:57:55 UTC 2006

On 22 Jan 2006 21:05:20 +0530, Nadeem M. Khan <nadeem at nadlabz.net> wrote:
> Dear Kevin,
>
> This is with respect to your posts to DubaiLUG about fedoraproject.org.
> It seems you've added the LUG even though a majority of people are not
> fedora/redhat users.
>
> Well, we have a  LUG based in Navi Mumbai, called LinuxVadaPav.
> Currently we are having 213 members - admins, students and OSS
> enthusiasts. 95% of our members use RH and a good majority of them are
> RHCEs. Although Mumbai has its own LUG (ILUG-BOM), ours is the first LUG
> for Navi Mumbai.
>
> As a moderator and owner of the group, I would appreciate if you add our
> group to your project as well. I'm sure our group can provide
> enthusiastic ambassadors as well.

> Regards,
> Nadeem Khan.

Dear Nadeem,

The LUG listing at Fedora site is not a listing of LUGs which might be
all Fedora users. Your LUG is now added to the list, not for it  is a
LUG having lots of Fedora users, but for it is a LUG :-)

You might like to understand Fedora Project in more details and offer
the same understanding to your LUG members. At Fedora Project we need
more and more developers, testers and users.

For any kind of contribution, joining us on one of relevant Fedora
Project mailing list will be a good start.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors

Cheers,
Kevin Verma