[Fedora-marketing-list] Fedora Wallpapers

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Sun Jul 9 17:19:58 UTC 2006

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006, Dimitris Glezos wrote:

> O/H Nicolas Mailhot έγραψε:
> > Le dimanche 09 juillet 2006 à 11:35 +0530, Tejas Dinkar a écrit :
> >> Hey, I was reading dfong's blog, and I found she has made a huge
> >> collection of brilliant Fedora Wallpapers, that are liscenced under the
> >> Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License

> >> My question is, should/do we have a page on the wiki dedicated to stuff
> >> like this?
> >
> > IMHO as long as the licensing is compatible, it should all end in a
> > fedora-extras package
>
> I believe that the CC Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License of
> Diana's work is not compatible because of the Non commercial and No
> derivatives clauses.
>
> We could ask her to consider dual-licencing the wallpapers under the FDL
> or something compatible.

Heh.  Licensing, content, and RPMs.  A fascinating topic.  :)

We don't yet have a clear policy for licensing of artwork.  The Fedora
logo, for instance, *cannot* itself be licensed because it's a trademark
that we want to protect.

But what does that mean for projects that seek to reuse that artwork?
Makes it very difficult.

--g