[Fedora-marketing-list] Fedora Wallpapers

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 10 08:53:06 UTC 2006

Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 10:16 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

>>> IMHO as long as the licensing is compatible, it should all end in a
>>> fedora-extras package
>> Disagree. What if I also want *my* wallpapers as a package in Extras?

You merely have to provide a package for review according to the
packaging guidelines, respond to comments and fix up issues and continue
maintaining them.

>> What if a ton of other people want the same? Where it stops?

It stops when people lose interest or when the images are questionable.
I can't see why anyone would package tons of images in Fedora Extras. We
will get to solve it when we reach that point.

>> I think a package in Extras should include a limited number of
>> *selected* wallpapers with the rest hosted in an online gallery, which
>> gallery should be part of Fedora Art, with a very low barrier to entry
>> for new contributors.
>>

> What makes the cut?  I'm not trying to be stupid here but having someone
> dictate what kind of wallpaper is allowed or not provided, it meets the
> extras requirement, should be allowed.

We already specify a limitation of not allowing content in the packaging
guidelines.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#head-daa717ea096fa4d9cf7b9a49b5edb36e3bda3aac

This specifically says that wallpapers are allowed. If someone packages
up a lot of wallpapers, thats their choice. If there are problems with
that, we will discuss it when it happens. Arguing about these kind of
stuff therotically is useless.

Rahul