[Fedora-marketing-list] Fedora Wallpapers

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Jul 10 10:06:50 UTC 2006

Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:

> What makes the cut?  I'm not trying to be stupid here but having someone
> dictate what kind of wallpaper is allowed or not provided, it meets the
> extras requirement, should be allowed.
>
> I agree with you that somebodies wallpapers are not my taste.  However,
> it might be someone else's taste.  I personally don't like censorship in
> some cases.  Obviously pornography and the like if thats allowed in
> warnings should be displayed but if not I understand completely.

I was not trying to argue for censorship, I am very vocal about it (you
can find online references of me arguing *for* legit uses of the nazi
flag or nudity), I was arguing for quality and diversity over quantity.

Have a look at http://www.fedoraforum.org/gallery/browseimages.php?c=2
Would you want a package with all those images? How about instead a
collection with 100 or 50 of the images with the largest user ratings?

> Barring extreme cases I would welcome more wallpapers in some way.
> Naming conventions will be a bit wierd but diversity is what we are
> after I would have thought.

For me the ideal scenario would be the old idea of Background Channels
http://www.gnome.org/~clarkbw/blog/GNOME/background_channels with some
channels provided by a hypotetic art.fedoraproject.org website

--
nicu