[Fedora-marketing-list] FWN Column

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 01:48:06 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 05:40 +0530, Rahul wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:

> >> Ask Rahul has a nice personal touch. Much better than Ask Fedora! The
> >> sacrifice is not the way you write it
> >
> > I don't know, I kind of like "Ask Fedora," especially since I have some
> > of the recent T-shirts that read, "I am Fedora."  If Fedora is the
> > community, and the community members answer, that's pretty fitting to
> > me.  (Better fitting than the T-shirt, even.)
>
> Ok. I added myself to the solvers list.
>
> Note that the Red Hat magazine column says Ask Shadowman instead of Ask
> Red Hat. If we call it "Ask Fedora", we are assuming that much more
> responsibility. I think thats a good thing.  Another way to go about
> doing this, is to give a name for the Fedora logo and name the column
> after that.
>
> How are we going to be receiving answers?  I would prefer that the
> questions be send to a list. Would this list suffice or do we a
> fedora-news-group list where we can have the editorial group, solvers
> group and whoever working with fedora news site to be subscribed to it.
> That has the effect of endorsing fedoranews.org better too

I don't think a list is necessary.  Solvers should put a watch on the
WeeklyQuestions page, and can add their answers there.  The results can
be collected, checked, and added to FWN.  Some people might say that
ruins the surprise, but the point's not to surprise anyone, it's to
educate.  Who knows, we ourselves might learn something from one
another!  (I know I do, and regularly at that.)

This will make a great function for the official fp.o Plone, since it
will be able to automatically group these entries into a dynamic FAQ.