Fedora web site. The "I'm feeling lucky" test.

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Thu Jun 8 14:46:37 UTC 2006

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Bryan Elliott wrote:

> I personally think that the only way you are going to drive up stats the
> fedoraproject.org site and get better rankings is if the
> fedora.redhat.com goes away. Right now having two sites is splitting the
> traffic that would otherwise go to the one single site. Would it be
> possible to get the fedora.redhat.com site redirected to
> fedoraproject.org? and over time phase the redhat sub-domain out?

It's in the plan -- but since we're not getting much traction on the plan
here at RH, the plan is likely to, very soon, become:

"We're turning f.r.c off on this date.  If you have a problem with this,
well... you've been warned."

> That being said I believe that to a new user the fedora.redhat.com site
> is a lot less intimidating that the fedoraproject.org site. Again these
> are just my ideals for what they are worth.

Yeah, I agree, and it's part of the difference between small informative
sites and wikis.

--g