Fedora web site. The "I'm feeling lucky" test.

Bryan Elliott bryan at zoinkz.com
Fri Jun 9 01:33:01 UTC 2006

Max Spevack wrote:
>>> That being said I believe that to a new user the fedora.redhat.com site
>>> is a lot less intimidating that the fedoraproject.org site. Again these
>>> are just my ideals for what they are worth.
>>
>> Yeah, I agree, and it's part of the difference between small informative
>> sites and wikis.
>
> I think what we need to do is clean up the front page of the wiki a
> little bit, and then we can more easily serve both crowds.  First
> impression is one of organization and a "professional" face, but when
> you start to dig in, you see all the wiki goodness.
>
> --Max

I would agree with that. You have to have a good first impression or you
intended audience is never going to dig in to the site to see what you
have to offer. It don't matter what you're doing it is very hard to make
up for a bad first impression. In a lot of cases you will not have the
opportunity to.

Bryan Elliott