[Fedora-livecd-list] Fedora LiveCD build#002

J. Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 16 17:36:52 UTC 2006

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

>The underlying concept is which I seem to be unable to communicate to
>you is.. testing incremental changes. If you do not have the
>infrastructure to roll nightly builds, which incorporate incremental
>changes made every day, then you can force portions of the system to
>be static and make incremental changes based on segregated
>functionality.  You update a portion of the system with specific
>functionality testing in mind... and then move on to another portion
>of the system in a later build.

Ok. Let's make sure users getting these Live discs know the Fedora Core
LiveCD is a component
in bugzilla at the least, it can be found under "Fedora Core" as
component "LiveCD".

>In the case of this build, there are a number of LiveCD specific
>customization which are not dependant on specific application payload
>which need to be tested. Changing the package payload only complicates
>the process of testing that functionality.  If you make too many
>changes, it because harder to do any targeted testing for any
>functionality.

I'll admit, I have been grossly uninformed about the Fedora LiveCD for
some time.
It wasn't until just a few days ago that it was brought to my attention
all of this discussion
was happenning on the fedora-marketing-list rather than fedora-livecd-list.

I'm subscribed now, so.. hello!
Thanks.

J. Hartline