LAN Welche

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Fri Mar 31 14:35:44 UTC 2006

Tejas Dinkar <tejasdinkar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, I believe both Doom (III) and Quake 3 are open source,
> but their maps are closed source.

I am running both (32-bit versions) on Fedora Core 3 x86-64.

> So, if you have the CD, with the maps on it, you can legally play
> it on linux...  UT had a port on linux.

I am running the full x86-64 version of UT2K4 on Fedora Core 3
x86-64.
It kicks Windows' ass in performance on nVidia cards.

The x86-64 version of UT2K4 for Windows XP x64 is actually _slower_
than the 32-bit version, because of how WoW works in XP x64 (i.e.,
nearly all of XP x64 is still Win32).

--
Bryan J. Smith   Professional, Technical Annoyance
b.j.smith at ieee.org    http://thebs413.blogspot.com