The Increasing Importance of Community

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 1 23:24:58 UTC 2006

On 5/1/06, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:
> Continuing to build a strong community around Fedora is one of the most
> important things that we can do.  We've made good progress in the last few
> months.  Gotta keep the momentum going.

Hello,

This is the prime objective of our new vFUDCon (virtual FUDCon)
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/vFUDCon

Lately the French Ambassadors and I had a successful presentation on
online (irc) on how the French Community can participate being
non-english native.

We already have had some nice feedback and new contributors making
surface (from that presentation).

There is enough information about how to create one's own vFUDCon in
his/her native language here :
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/vFUDCon
If not, Ill be glad to answer further questions on creating own's vFUDCon.

Nevertheless, I feel Fedora's success with Community contribution lies
on the moto "everthing should be centralized on fedoraproject.org no
matter what the native language is"

Regards,
Chitlesh Goorah
--