New logo guidelines and web design elements posted

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Sun May 28 19:12:56 UTC 2006

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Máirín Duffy wrote:

>>> I hate to disagree with you, there are GIMP packages which include
>>> GTK and install it before The GIMP as such is installed, much like
>>> GAIM packages which include the GTK runtime or not, and you download
>>> accordingly.
>>

>> Can you provide a link?
>

> Two .exe to run is easy enough: http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

Yep, as I mentioned earlier, the GTK+2 runtime & actual GIMP installer. I'm not
saying it's rocket science, but it is complicated by involving two separate
packages *plus* all of the jargon written on the page. It *could* be easier.

> I recently introduced GIMP on Windows to a complete microserf (does not
> know anything beside Visual Studio and is a newbie in using graphic
> software) who had no problem installing and learning it (with some
> lessons from http://gug.sunsite.dk/?page=tutorials), she even managed to
> produce a decent looking website with GIMP made graphics.

Again though, a technical user leading a more non-technical user....

~m