[Fedora-marketing-list] Info

Gabriel Maluréanu gmalureanu at agorasoft.com
Thu Nov 2 16:12:39 UTC 2006

Hi,
I'm setting up a software development team under Linux environment. I need to start "protected" by buying a commercial support (technical assistance) and most people are driving me to RH, since, in addition, they provide also support for JBoss and MySQL (aka RHAS), which I'll use.
Question: since I intend, when the company will be in "steady-state", to work on a free Linux distro, while supporting it, would you please let me know what would be the connection points, from the practical standpoint, between RHEL and Fedora, compared to other free distros? I'd like to use on some servers the RH supported licenses, and on others a free distro, the "closest" possible to RH. Would be Fedora this one (and why)?
Thanks a lot,
Gabriel