[Fedora-marketing-list] Re: Info

Nicola Losito n.losito at yahoo.it
Sat Nov 4 08:58:48 UTC 2006

Il giorno 03/nov/06, alle ore 12:34, Sam Folk-Williams ha scritto:
> But there is *no* upgrade path from Fedora to RHEL. In other words,
> to upgrade
> from Fedora to RHEL you have to do a clean reinstall. That's not to
> say
> I wouldn't recommend Fedora (of course), but you don't want to imply
> that there is an easy in-place upgrade from Fedora to RHEL.

Well, this isn't necessarily true o trouble free but there are some
procedures to switch from a Fedora Core 3 to a CentOS/RHEL 4.

[i can provide a link to it, if needed]

I do not if and know how the changes in later Fedora releases have
"diverged" from RHEL path. Maybe someone more expert than me could
give us a couple of tips & tricks on it.

BTW for longer machine life cycle i'd go with CentOS/RHEL with no doubt.

--
Nicola  .:kOoLiNuS:.  Losito

http://www.koolinus.net
http://koolinus.wordpress.com