[Fedora-marketing-list] FC6 Reviews

Marc Wiriadisastra marc at mwiriadi.id.au
Thu Nov 9 02:35:16 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 18:14 +0100, Thomas Canniot wrote:
> http://www.softwareinreview.com/cms/content/view/57
>
> and
>
> http://www.brad-x.com/?p=49
>
> Some criticisms are not very pleasant to read ...

Ouch that first one seems really bad.  I'm not sure but most of his
gripes were about propietary software.

There was only 2 things that he regarded which were core to fedora.  One
being I think system-config-network which I personally like.

Also Adding software repositories.  That was a first crack at it in
fedora core 6 I thought?  It worked well with extras since I used it
myself.  I think he tried to add a non core repository.

I'm not sure what he means though that we look like ubuntu.  I
personally don't think we do at all.

Some of the criticisms are justified but not at fedora.  The other
repositories should talk to each other more to have a one package policy
of some sort that goes against the grain of open source though.

Just my thoughts regarding it.
To solve it?
I'm not sure.
I'm not technically minded.
>From a marketing perspective I would say maybe more information on
getting those specific cards, drivers working?
I don't have a wireless card so I can't even comment.
I have no issues with the other problems he listed.

Regards,

Marc