[Fedora-marketing-list] Re: Community - Was - Ubuntu Release Party...

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Nov 12 12:33:49 UTC 2006

Sam Folk-Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 09:38 +0100, Nicola Losito wrote:

>> As I've said in a previous mail i was thinking about our projects Wiki
>> which - for me - must be the primary resource for anything Fedora,
>> even if at first stages it will work as a bookmark to other's
>> resources.

It would require changes to the infrastructure and integrate the account
systems into the wiki. Thats a lot of work and is being tracked at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem2. If you are
interested, talk to the infrastructure team about that.

> This would be a good time for a plug to the knowledge base idea. This
> was recently raised on the docs list and I am a strong advocate. A kbase
> could allow for easier submission of targeted tips and how-tos. Then we
> could pull from here into "tip of the day"
>
> That's how Red Hat magazine gets it's tips section - from the
> kbase.redhat.com site...
>
> Rahul - I know you discussed this in the past in regards to Klear in
> particular. Can we revive this?

PHP is a no go in fedoraproject.org. If you want to stick with clear, we
can perhaps talk about getting it installed in fedoranews.org instead.
If you want to stick with fedoraproject.org, we need to find a good Free
software solution to it, preferably python based. Maybe Plone has a add on.

Rahul