[Fedora-marketing-list] Urgent: Request for Fedora Core 6 information

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 16 09:21:19 UTC 2006

Joe Casad wrote:
> Hello, Fedora Marketing Manager--
>
> Linux Magazine International (which is called Linux Pro Magazine in the
> US) is planning on including Fedora Core 6 with an upcoming issue. We
> have a very international audience, and I think we'll be able to provide
> some great coverage of Fedora for readers around the world.

Thank you for your interest.

> We're in the process of lining up some information on Fedora for
> promotional materials that will accompany the issue Would it be possible
> for someone at Fedora to supply us with the following?
>
> 1. A brief statement of what your goals were for the latest
> release.

Desktop effects, improved performance and better integrated
virtualization were some of the major goals.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FC6ReleaseSummary

> 3. Press releases and other descriptive documents.

Red Hat would have a press release out when the release is made.

> 4. A summary of Help sources (both official and independent).

We have a wiki version of the release notes currently at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Beats.  The release would have a html
copy.

> 5. Other useful links with relevant information.

The first part of my overview is available at
http://www.redhat.com/magazine/024oct06/features/fc6/?sc_cid=bcm_edmsept_007

Phoronix did a review of FC6 Test 1 at
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=499&num=1

> 6. System requirements.

Same as the previous release. Part of the release notes. Here is the
development copy.

http://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/development/i386/os/RELEASE-NOTES-en_US.html

> 7. 4-6 interesting and representative screenshots (normal
> height/width ratio, _not_ wide-screen, .png files).

My review has a couple of them. There is more at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tours/FedoraCore6

> 8. A complete package list.

The published release notes would have this. The current development
version is representative.

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/

> Note that we are on a short cycle with this, since we are printing next
> week. If possible, we would like to receive any or all information by
> next Monday 10/16. If you don't have all the answers by next Monday,
> please just send along the information you do have. The screenshots and
> the package list are particularly important.
>
> Feel free to call me if you have any questions: (USA) 785-832-8615

Rahul