[Fedora-marketing-list] Re: Ubuntu Release Party in Beijing, what about Fedora?

Thomas Canniot thomas.canniot at laposte.net
Sun Oct 29 19:05:50 UTC 2006

Le dimanche 29 octobre 2006 à 19:33 +0100, Francesco Ugolini a écrit :
> Leo ha scritto:
> > On Fri, 27/10/06, Leo wrote:
> >

> >> On the second of Nov. 2006, Ubuntu founder Mark Shuttleworth will be
> >> in Beijing to attend the Ubuntu Edgy EFT release Party. He will give a
> >> talk to encourage more Chinese to use Ubuntu.
> >>
> >> If I remember right, RHAT has an office in Beijing. Are those guys
> >> doing anything?
> >>

> > Since no reply in tree days, I guess people are content with current
> > situation.
> >
> > I have to say I admire Mark for his effort to promote Ubuntu, make it
> > approachable to everybody.
> >
> > I hope the following still holds:
> >
> > Technology-wise Fedora is still in the lead.
> >

> Hellp Leo,
>
> I want to underline two things: first Fedora is a community based
> project and it only sponsored by Red Hat and, second, in many cities and
> countries ambassadors organize event such as installation day etc... If
> you want to organize an event you can do it and you can request
> materials such as t-shirt and dvd (you have to be a marketing or
> ambassador member for this) compiling the form.

Don't dream that much about having things from the project as easily as
it seems to be told here.
We made an install party yesterday, in Paris, and requested schwags for
it a month or two before, and received nothing, not even any answer
telling us "sorry, we can't". Mandriva, a company which has GREATER
financial difficulties that RH in france, is making much more buzz and
that less difficulties to give things to people. I say "things" and not
"goodies" as they gave us (for free!) a router for an install party in
Lille.
About DVDs, when I asked for them, I was asked to make them on my own so
as to be reimbursed. I send everything to famsco again and had NO answer
AGAIN.

What's next ? And we have, now, to rely on William Hoffman inside RH
France to push everything forward. That is not acceptable, at all. I
really hope and really count on Thomas Tchung to change things inside
famsco.

Just my 2 cents ....