[Fedora-marketing-list] Fwd: [Famsco-list] video driver

Alex Maier lxmaier at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 12:17:01 UTC 2006

Tejas,

We need to make sure to be friendly and open towards other people's
requests, even if their questions are addressed somewhere else, like
in a forum or in an FAQ.

Knowing where to find information in all the numerous Fedora wikis and
lists requires some serious study, and people who first encounter all
this might not have the knowledge and patience to look for the answers
they need.

This is why it is our job to reply to their request as good as we can,
and to point them to a page where they can find more information.

The info at fp.o requests usually come from first-time users and people
interested in trying Fedora -- and it is very important we treat them
with respect and try to help, so they stick with Fedora :)

Cheers,

On 9/19/06, Tejas Dinkar <tejasdinkar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 22:17 -0400, Alex Maier wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > This is one of the last requests that came in through the redirect to Famsco.
> >
> > Anyone wants to try their hand in responding?
>
> Don't encourage people to send mails like that to FAMSCo/Ambassadors.
>
> Point them to fedoraforum.org
>
> Gja

Alex Maier
http://amaier.net