[Fedora-marketing-list] Re: Fwd: [Famsco-list] video driver

Nicola Losito n.losito at yahoo.it
Wed Sep 20 07:04:34 UTC 2006

Il giorno 19/set/06, alle ore 14:17, Alex Maier ha scritto:

> Tejas,
>
> We need to make sure to be friendly and open towards other people's
> requests, even if their questions are addressed somewhere else, like
> in a forum or in an FAQ.

[CUT]

> The info at fp.o requests usually come from first-time users and people
> interested in trying Fedora -- and it is very important we treat them
> with respect and try to help, so they stick with Fedora :)

But this IMHO doesn't conflict with Tejas idea:

> On 9/19/06, Tejas Dinkar <tejasdinkar at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Don't encourage people to send mails like that to FAMSCo/Ambassadors.
>>
>> Point them to fedoraforum.org

But maybe if we want to have such a "quick help" task force it will
be better to create an appropriate list, with the reply-to setted to
the mail author's and not back into the list. Also we could
collaborate more on the FedoraFAQ or with this project: http://
ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Fedora_fc5

ciao !

--