[Fedora-marketing-list] who has some CSS/wiki foo?

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Thu Sep 21 17:58:03 UTC 2006

So I did some minor changes last night to FedoraMain, the front page of
the wiki.

But I think we need to do a lot more to make it look good.

Compare:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/
http://www.mozilla.com/
http://www.ubuntu.com/
http://en.opensuse.org/Welcome_to_openSUSE.org

Here's my vision for the front page of our wiki.  But I don't have time to
do it myself.  So I want to give it to you, and help make it *our* vision.
Expand on it, critisize it, etc.

I think that a comparatively small amount of effort could make a *huge*
difference in the professional look and feel, and ease of use, of our
wiki.

This is only going to look right in plain text email readers:

Stuff that comes at the top of the wiki
Two column layout

FC6 screenshot			Fedora logo

 				Download FC6
 				torrents, x86, etc.

 				Download FC%
 				torrents, x86, etc.

basically the way it is right now, some sort of box around it to set it
apart from the rest of the FedoraMain
Two column layout

Left column, in white		Right column, some sort of color bg
Fedora Projects				General Information
now we list the "biggest"		stuff like FAQ, Communicate,
Projects, with just a few		Press queries, etc, one or two
words about each			"latest news" blurbs, weekly
 					reports, etc.