Dell Promises Linux on Desktop and Laptop PCs...

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Tue Apr 3 12:37:32 UTC 2007

Francesco Ugolini wrote:
> Good, thank you Susmit to submit this news. Do you know how many people
> chose fedora as favorite distribution to be bundled with new dell products?
>
> Regards
>
> Francesco Ugolini

I remember an article on Dell's choice to also distribute Linux, which
basically said the following:

Although the largest amount of people vote for some Linux distribution
because they actually want that Linux distribution, there's also a
rather large amount that chooses any free operating system just to
prevent them from paying fees. In Dell's "ideas corner" (i don't
remember what this was called exactly), people could also vote for 'no
operating system installed'. I guess this vote was added later, because
it was like on page 20.

My point being, any number from Dell's inquiry may be indicative, but
just that.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip