Mascot - Blue Arrara

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Apr 6 13:26:20 UTC 2007

Dimitris Glezos wrote:

> In greek calling one a parrot means he repeats things he hears without
> knowing what they mean (like students copying book paragraphs in exams). I'm
> afraid we'll probably have to make a compromise at some point. :)

On top of that, even the gesture shown by the mascot (the palm, fist, a
finger, two fingers, a circle, anything) will be considered offensive in
some part of the world, so I learned a few years ago when OpenOffice.org
selected a mascot [1].
So my personal policy is to ignore this, I am going to put the mascot in
some indecent positions for my own use anyway.

> PS: What's "arrara"? I tried finding it in wikipedia with no luck. "Ararauna" is
> the closest thing I found: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue-and-yellow_Macaw

Yeah, that should be.
Parrot, macaw, ara - looking from the orbit all are the same :p

[1] - http://marketing.openoffice.org/graphics/logos/oooedu-mascot-small.jpg