Mascot - Blue Arrara

Máirí­n Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Fri Apr 6 17:27:03 UTC 2007

Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> O/H Nicu Buculei έγραψε:
>> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>>> Some more thoughts:
>>> - birds are associated with "brainless" in some cultures. Parrots are
>>> worse as they add "ornemental" (and mean) to the mix
>> Around here is an insult to call someone "parrot". But in my
>> understanding, *any* symbol you use, in some part of the world it will
>> have a negative connotation.
>
> +1. In greek calling one a parrot means he repeats things he hears without
> knowing what they mean (like students copying book paragraphs in exams). I'm
> afraid we'll probably have to make a compromise at some point. :)

Hehe, this is part of the reason why I started drawing aliens. Of course
now that I think about it, aliens can have some pretty bad connotations
too (abducting people, wreaking havoc for farmers with crop circles,
etc.) ;)

FWIW I am very impressed with the progress on the mascots, it looks like
we have some very nice options.

~m