a call to action [Fwd: LWN headline: Blame Fedora = High Praise]

Marc Wiriadisastra marc at mwiriadi.id.au
Thu Apr 12 02:44:13 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-11 at 19:23 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> In the article referenced below there is an (implied) call to action for
> Fedora:
>
> "One might well wonder why certain Fedora users feel the need to repeat
> these complaints so often. Perhaps the project is not doing an adequate
> job of communicating what it is trying to do. One assumes that, if
> people understood what Fedora is, they would not complain about it not
> being something it can never be."
>
> Is this true?
>
> What are we doing to get this message out?
>
> What can we do better?
>
> Etc.
>
> I can blog all I want, but if it's only the choir who is reading, then
> what?

I think we spread the word enough its just people choose not to listen.
Without actually placing it on their desktop and making a user click 'I
understand this contains no propietary software' I don't know what else
needs to be done.

Is there enough information relating to fedora as to how to bypass the
propietary codecs etc.. and use open source alternatives?

Regards,

Marc