a call to action [Fwd: LWN headline: Blame Fedora = High Praise]

Jonathan Roberts jonathan.roberts.uk at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 12 07:21:04 UTC 2007

> Nope.  What can we do for people?  What can we offer them that is
> useful?
>
> * More original content in Ogg format

There's already *loads* of original content in Ogg, maybe Fedora could
point them in the direction of some of it? Magnatune, Jamendo etc...I
thought the new default home page in FC6 was a great step in the right
direction and it could possibly be extended to include this sort of
information.

> * Cross-platform Ogg playing from Firefox

That would be awesome :D

> * Approach recording artists who might be sympathetic (sort of like Cory
> Doctorow is for writing)

People like Barenaked Ladies you'd think would be interested, who even
released their latest album on Amie Street.

Like you were all saying though, I'm not sure what more Fedora can do
to make it's objectives clear, will keep thinking...

Jon