Translate of the New Join page in Spanish

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 23 04:38:19 UTC 2007

Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:

> That is part of the problem, never got a reply that the signature of the
> CLA was alright. Even though I sent it twice. Now since the purge of the
> wiki, I have to re-create an account, and do all the process again... By
> the way, it seems a bit daunting the whole lot of loops through which
> I've had to jump to even get to the point to sign the CLA... I don't
> mind the reading, but the recursive referencing in the wiki is a bit
> excessive (IMO) feels like there's no "to the point" link, and right now
> I've got like 5 or 6 tabs in Firefox pointing to different documents
> referenced as steps to become a contributor from the main directions
> page to gain Edit privileges to the wiki... looks like a lot (again, I
> don't mind the reading, is just that seems much more complicated than it
> actually is, especially for new users [both to Fedora and Wiki
> systems]), just a thought for devising simpler ways (though, now that I
> think of it, it may as well remain that way to discourage those who
> wouldn't compromise).

I don't think that keeping it deliberating confusing is a good thing. If
we have usability issues with the wiki we need to fix that. The problem
of ensuring that the system is not compromised should be satisifed by
other means. The longer term goal is to make the CLA a click through
process.

Re-apply and follow the instructions at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem/CLAHowTo
which is supposed to be the "to the point" link. After you get edit
access post to fedora-websites list and we can work out where we need to
simplify it.

Rahul