thinking about the Fedora brand (WARNING: this is for you)

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at
Fri Aug 3 14:13:49 UTC 2007

Mike McGrath wrote:
> Greg Dekoenigsberg wrote:
>> On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, John Babich wrote:
>>> The purpose of the Fedora Project is to produce and sustain a
>>> leading-edge linux distribution with excellent developer and user
>>> community support.
>> Very good.  I'd make one change:
>> s/a leading edge/THE leading edge
>> Because our purpose is to be THE leading edge Linux distribution.
>> Let's not be modest about this goal, since other distros aren't modest
>> about theirs.
> Where is the appropriate place to put this on the website?
> wiki/Overview is completely unfocused.

Front page.
Just along or instead of "Fedora is a Linux-based operating system that
showcases the latest in free and open source software". (preferable
instead of, as a shorter phrase has more impact)

nicu :: ::
Cool Fedora wallpapers:
Open Clip Art Library:
my Fedora stuff: