Fedora's mid-life crisis -- YUM v. APT v. SmartPM

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon Aug 6 00:02:10 UTC 2007

> That isn't true. Apt-rpm (not Apt itself) has support for multi lib and
> works with repomd format used by Yum. It is maintained by the same
> person in Red Hat, Panu who maintains RPM now. No less.
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/Apt

Oh, thank you for correcting my ignorance then.  I don't like to be
ignorant and wrong and proliferating incorrect information.  Thank you
again, and my apologies for doing so.

> The current story is that Red Hat folks either officially or volunterily
> are involved with RPM, yum, apt-rpm and a port of Adept to Fedora. Amusing?

Oh, I've long assumed so.  Although I'm a closet SmartPM fanboy.  ;)

--
Bryan J. Smith         Professional, Technical Annoyance
mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org   http://thebs413.blogspot.com