How to compete against Ubuntu

Greg Dekoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue Aug 7 13:28:31 UTC 2007

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007, Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:

> Greg Dekoenigsberg escribió:
>>
>> Mostly I agree, but one note here: if there is one group to whom we should
>> be more aggressively "marketing", it is to potential contributors.  Fedora
>> needs to be more about contributors, and therefore making the lives of
>> contributors easier.
>
> Couldn't agree more... Fedora seems to have too much "bureaucracy" for
> contributors to, well, contribute. Some might say that it is standard
> bureaucracy, but still quite cumbersome at times. Not that it is difficult,
> just messy and cumbersome at times. I know that the "others are not so
> bureaucratic" argument means nothing, at least to the many Fedora
> contributors and community members, but I've seen my share of complaints from
> "would be" contributors about just that.

Anyone want to gather the specific complaints in that regard?

I know we're working on some issues -- improving the CLA, working on a new
account management system, other small things -- but knowing the pain
points of new contributors is always important.

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager