Intro & observations

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 21 12:56:57 UTC 2007

Davidson Rodrigues Paulo wrote:

> Recently as guided my fiancé on CLA creation process (she is now a
> Fedora Ambassador - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/NataliaWanick) and I
> noted that all the instructions on creating PGP and SSH keys are based
> in command line. This is an error because Fedora have the powerful and
> simple Seahorse that allows users to manage your keys more easily than
> I could imagine, so there is no reason to instruct people to use
> another way.

Many developers prefer using command line programs for various reasons.
So while you can document the graphical utilities better, the command
line variants need to be retained. Feel free to edit the wiki and
document using seahorse as a method there.

> Moreover, Fedora Account System does't recognize files signed with
> Seahorse (on Nautilus, right-click on a file, Sign). Natalia was
> unable to complete the CLA creation process using only graphic tools
> shiped on Fedora, but she needed to open a terminal and type gpg -a
> --sign [file]...

Did you file a bug report? If not please do so at
http://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/fedora-infrastructure

Rahul