Intro & observations

Davidson Rodrigues Paulo davidsonpaulo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 16:18:41 UTC 2007

2007/8/21, Bryan J. Smith <b.j.smith at ieee.org>:
> Furthermore, some security aspects aren't merely "Point'n Click."  As
> someone who has done policies & procedures for banks, forcing people to
> use a process is not optional, and I don't know how many times I caught
> key people giving out or assuming authentications were actual, when they
> were not.

Hey, I'm absolutely not sugesting to modify security policy, I hope
you have understood it. I'm talking about an *altervative* method to
generate PGP/SSH keys and sign files in a way they can be recognized
by Fedora Account System engine. Because, today, there no one
information about using a GUI to generate PGP/SSH keys.

> I'm not seeing your point there.  My apologies if I'm assuming here.

I said if you think that command line is better you can't say to
others they can't use a GUI, as well as anyone who think that using a
GUI is better can't say to others they can't use command line.

> There is a reason why there is _always_ a "command line interface" (CLI)
> to every program, it's the "most common denominator."

Yes, I know it. I use CLI every day, every time because at most cases
giving commands allows me to do tasks in a faster way than using
GUI's. But this is not the issue.

> Graphical user
> interfaces (GUI) should never cross CLI interfaces, _only_ complement.

Yes, it's right. I never said Fedora need to avoid using CLI
interfaces on its CLA process. Again, this is not the issue.

Regards,

Davidson