First public speech as a Fedora ambassador

Satyajit Ranjeev satyajit at nerdshack.com
Fri Dec 21 13:24:23 UTC 2007

Hi,

	I am currently a Linux Trainer in a reputed organization in Chennai,
India and recently had the opportunity to address 30 students on Fedora
who had actually come in for a lecture on Oracle.

	The remarkable thing was that instantaneously 8 of them requested for
cds and dvds and had a wide range of queries regarding Fedora. This
definitely shows that fedora is in a high level of acceptance over here
too.

	All of them enjoy working on it with the compiz window manger and all
the extra graphical features added in this release. The virtualization
with qemu was another component which stole the show.

	I was very pleased with myself about the outcome of the small talk
which showed a lot of positive acceptance. I'm sure that I will be able
to spread the Fedora philosophy in a wide way.

Satyajit Ranjeev